Sign up for our artist update e-mail to be sure you are always in the know regarding auditions and other news for artists. We would love to have you join us.
General Audition Guidelines:
- Auditions are open to everyone and are held at the Lyric Arts Main Street Stage.
- No appointments are necessary; auditions are conducted on a first-come, first served basis.
- You need only attend one open call audition date. You will be notified if your presence is required at a call-back audition.
- Ages outlined in the cast requirement list are approximate ages for those particular characters. The actors cast in those roles are not required to be of that age, only able to portray a character of that approximate age.
- For non-musicals, auditions normally involve performing a cold reading from the script.
- Auditions for musicals usually include dance auditions. Please dress for movement.
- Please arrive with a calendar containing all possible conflicts for dates between the audition and the final performance.
- Please come with a non-returnable current picture of yourself. A snapshot is fine; headshots are not required.
Do you have more questions about auditions at Lyric Arts? Learn more here.