Auditions for If/Then
Music by Tom Kitt, Book & Lyrics by Brian Yorkey
Direction by Elena Giannetti
Music Direction by Mary Cay Stone
Performance & Rehearsal Information
September 7–23, 2018 (11 performances)
First read-through tentatively scheduled for scheduled for Monday, July 16, 2018
Note on Diversity and Inclusive Casting
Actors of all races and ethnicities are strongly encouraged to audition. Lyric Arts is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in the casting of its productions and, therefore, urges actors of diverse backgrounds and those from underrepresented groups to audition.
Open Call Auditions
Monday, May 14
6:30 to 9:30 pm
Tuesday, May 15
6:30 to 9:30 pm
Doors open for registration 15 minutes prior to audition start time.
Final registration accepted 30 minutes before the end of auditions.
Monday, May 21
The story of this musical is an interwoven telling of two parallel lifetimes–where the same characters appear in both storylines, with only subtle and nuanced differences. It is also a very ‘real-life’ story, not a sugar-coated rendition of one. We are looking for actor-singers that bring a genuine honesty and vulnerability to their acting and singing.
All races and ethnicities are encouraged to audition. The Director is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the casting and therefore encourages actors of diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups to audition.
Please prepare: One minute dramatic contemporary monologue and sixteen bars of a musical theatre piece. An accompanist will be provided.
Please bring resume with headshot and sheet music.
Callbacks will be readings from the script, songs from the score, and a dance call.
Anne: Kate's girlfriend, Female, Age: 30’s to 40’s, Vocal range top: C5, Vocal range bottom: E4
David: A pediatric surgeon, Male, Age: 30’s to 40’s
Elena: A city planner, Female, Early to mid-20’s, Vocal range top: C5, Vocal range bottom: E4
Elizabeth: An urban planner, newly returned to New York City, Female, Age: 35 to 45, Vocal range top: E5, Vocal range bottom: A3
Josh: A doctor and Army Reservist, Male, Age: 32 to 45, Vocal range top: A#4, Vocal range bottom: C2
Kate: Elizabeth's neighbor, a kindergarten teacher, Female, Age: early 30’s to early 40’s, Vocal range top: F5, Vocal range bottom: A3
Lucas: Elizabeth's college friend, a community activist, Male, Age: 35 to 45, Vocal range top: Ab4, Vocal range bottom: B2
Stephen: Elizabeth's grad-school colleague, a city planner, Male, Age: 38 to 45, Vocal range top: D4, Vocal range bottom: D3
Ensemble: Various citizens of New York City, both Male and Female, all ages
- Stipend paid.
- All auditions are held at Lyric Arts Main Street Stage, 420 E Main St, Anoka 55303.
- Auditioners will be seen in the order they arrive. No appointments are necessary.
- Please come prepared with headshot (or other non-returnable current photo) and résumé, if available.
- Please arrive with a calendar outlining all possible conflict dates between the first read-through and the final performance. (No conflicts for tech week or performance dates will be accepted.)
- Age ranges listed in character descriptions signify the age of the character to be played.
- All other questions about auditions—including those regarding audition conflicts—should be sent to our auditions e-mail.