One of my more recent tasks here at Lyric Arts has been working on the publicity binder. A publicity binder is a compilation of all of the different articles that are written about us or mention Lyric Arts. This has been one of my favorite tasks for two reasons: 1. I love organizing. Fun fact about me: alphabetizing things makes me giddy. That's why cutting pasting and organizing this binder may as well have been a Christmas present, not a job.
2. It was awesome to see all of the different things that have been written about Lyric Arts! The binder that I am working on contains articles from September 2009 to the present, but it's so cool to see what people think of this little theater that I love so much.
Because this was one of my favorite tasks, I though I would share with you my top five favorite articles in the bonder.
5. Lyric Arts Announces 2011-2012 Season Line-up, Anoka County Union, June 24th 2011. This one is a selfish pick. The article came from the very first press release I ever wrote. I am ridiculously proud. Read here.
4. Lyric Arts celebrates a decade of entertainment on the Main Street Stage, Champlin Dayton Press, September 16, 2010. This article provided a great highlight of all of the things that Lyric Arts has accomplished in the past 10 years and included awesome pictures. Read here.
3. Gringo Daddy, Star Tribune Variety A+E, January 24th, 2010. A really interesting feature on Martin Zellar, the former Gear Daddies frontman. Zellar had been in retirement in Mexico for four years when he returned to Minnesota to perform several solo shows, including one at Lyric Arts. Zellar returns to the Main Street Stage this winter as a part of our "Music in the 'Burbs" concert series. Read here.
2. Talents Galore at Right Prices and Right Here, Anoka County Union Writer's Block, December 18th, 2009. Staff writer Elyse Kaner wrote this great editorial piece about the quality and affordability of local theater in our area (especially at Lyric Arts!). Article no longer available.
1. Day 224: Lyric Arts Main Street Stage, 365 Twin Cities, MN, November 22nd, 2010. This website features a different "Must See" thing in MN every day. 365 Twin Cities had all sorts of cool ideas and features and Lyric Arts was the highlight on day 224! Read here.