By Tracy Letts
Directed by Matt McNabb
Runs January 12-28, 2018 (11 performances).
Full performance schedule and show description found here.
First Rehearsal: November 20
Monday, July 17, 2017
6:00 to 9:00 pm
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
6:00 to 9:00 pm
Tuesday, July 25, 2017
From the Director
Tracy Letts has crafted a hilarious and moving story of friendship and redemption filled with vibrant diverse characters. We are looking for well-rounded, dynamic character actors to bring this joyful and hysterical story to life.
Please prepare a one minute contemporary comedic monologue.
Max Tarasov, Male, 49 years old, Russian. Owner of Uptown International DVD Rental. Outspoken. Poor social skills.
Officer Randy Osteen, Female, 49 years old, Irish-American. A cop with seven brothers. (All cops.) Comfortable. Pretty.
Officer James Bailey, Male, 43 years old, African-American. A good cop. A Star Trek superfan. Tough.
Lady Boyle, Female, 72 years old, Irish-American. Homeless. Usually drunk. Wise.
Arthur Przybyszewski, Male, 59 years old, Polish-American. Owner of Superior Donuts. Smart. Usually stoned. Tired. Lost. Must be in good physical condition and comfortable with intense stage combat.
Franco Wicks, Male, 21 years old, African-American. Writer and poet. Charming. Proud. Witty.
Luther Flynn, Male, 45 years old, Irish/Italian-American. A gambling bookie. Intimidating. Blunt. Must be in good physical condition and comfortable with intense stage combat.
Kevin Magee, Male, 28 years old, Irish-American. Luther’s goon. A weasel. Aggressive.
Kiril Ivakin, Male, 35 years old, Russian. Tall. Strong. Looks like Dolph Lundgren from “Rocky”. Struggles speaking English.
Actors of all races and ethnicities are strongly encouraged to audition. Lyric Arts is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in the casting of its productions and, therefore, encourages actors of diverse backgrounds and from underrepresented groups to audition.
- Auditions are open to ages 18 and up.
- Auditions are held at Lyric Arts Main Street Stage
- Appointments are suggested, but not required. Those who arrive without an appointment will be seen as time allows. Appointments can be made by clicking here.
- Please arrive with a calendar outlining all possible conflict dates between the first read-through and the final performance.
- Please come prepared with a headshot (or any non-returnable current picture) and resume, if available. Each auditioner will be asked to complete an audition form, a copy of which can be found here.
- Stipend paid