Youth Theater Ensemble
Last summer a group of students between 14 and 19 years old embarked on a journey that led to launching their own theater company. Guided by professionals, they took seminars in theater producing, directing, acting, design, marketing, stage management and learned what it takes to produce their own play together!
After reading four different plays, the students voted for one then had a fully produced run on our the Main Street Stage! Not only did most of them act in the production, they played a significant role in creating the entire design for Still Life with Iris!
*The play has not been decided yet but will be announced the first week of March.
Runs August 17-20
Sunday, March 5
1:00PM to 3:00PM
More information will be emailed as well as what to prepare for your audition.
Please be sure to to RSVP for the audition here.
Core Ensemble Members
Returning Core Ensemble members from last summer have been reading scripts together to vote and decide what this summer's production will be. After students first year with the Youth Theater Ensemble, students will be eligible to be a Core Ensemble member with full voting privileges and other artistic leadership possibilities. Note: Once a student is a Core Ensemble member, they'll always be one for returning summers.
This is a tuition based program and the entire spring/summer experience is $350 with payment-plan options and scholarships available based on need.
Those interested in auditioning must be...
- Ages 15 to 20 by summer, 2017 (some exceptions allowed).
- Students should be available for most Mondays from 5:00PM to 6:30PM from March 20th through May 22nd.
- These Mondays will be reserved for students to take seminars in producing, directing, acting, design and work to build the concept for the play as well as learn tools in fundraising.
- Meetings may move to some Saturdays depending on the schedules of the majority of the ensemble.
- Students must be free Monday through Thursday during the day starting July 10 through August 20.
- Students must be free August 17-20 for the performances.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Education Director Adrian Lopez-Balbontin at 763-233-0804 or by email at email@example.com.